for the keyword « Registered mail »
Can I follow my letter with Track & Trace?
Currently you cannot follow your letters and cards online with Track & Trace. That is because thy don't have a unique reference number or barcode. You cannot follow Priority and Non-Priority mail sent to destinations inside or outside Belgium. If your mail does have a barcode, for example a parcel or Registered Mail, then you can follow it online with Track & Trace.
What if the addressee does not pick up my registered mail with confirmation of receipt?
If the addressee is not home, a failed delivery notice is left behind by the postman. The addressee has 15 calendar days to pick up your registered mail with confirmation of receipt (in the Post Office or Post Point mentioned on the failed delivery notice). If the addressee does not pick up your mail within 15 calendar days, it will be sent back to you. Make sure that your name and address are clearly written on your shipment.
How will I know when my registered mail with customised insurance is received?
You can follow your registered mail with customised insurance with Track & Trace, just like the time of delivery. If you want written proof that the addressee received your shipment, add the "confirmation of receipt" option.
How does registered mail with confirmation of receipt work?
For a confirmation of receipt, the addressee must write his/her name, signature and date on a document upon receipt of your registered mail. That way you are sure that the addressee, and not someone else, received your shipment. The document is then sent to you. It counts as legally valid proof in the event of a dispute.
How do I prepare a confirmation of receipt?
Complete the following steps:
- Go to a Post Office or Post Point and ask for a mailing receipt and a confirmation of receipt.
- Complete both documents
- Tick the confirmation of receipt box on the label with the barcode and on the mailing receipt
- Attach the confirmation of receipt on the back of the shipment by folding one of the stick-on strips on the front of the shipment.
- Hand in your mail with confirmation of receipt and mailing receipt at a Post Office or Post Point.
What happens if my registered mail with customised insurance is stolen, lost or damaged?
If registered mail with customised insurance is lost, stolen or damaged, the sender will receive compensation from bpost. The compensation will be in line with:
- the actual amount of direct damage
- the maximum amount of the customised insurance
My parcel is damaged. Who should I contact: the original sender or bpost?
If your parcel is damaged upon delivery, then contact the original sender within 7 days of receiving your parcel. You can only submit a complaint to our customer service as the sender. It is best to do that via the online form at the bottom of this page.
How do I make my registered mail with customised insurance ready for mailing?
Specific rules apply depending on the value and packaging. Mail in an envelope Make sure that your envelope does not become damaged. Fasten the following items to the inside of the package:
- gold or silver objects
- jewellery or other valuable materials
- is packaged securely and is one single piece
- is completely closed (with strong tape or in a secure envelope)
- is correctly sealed, with a special uniform imprint or special uniform markings from you as the sender
- is handed in without a label
- be strong and made from wood, metal or plastic
- be sealed on all four sides
- if necessary, be tied up with rope whose ends are crossed and covered with a wax seal with an imprint or marking of the sender
- have walls with a minimum thickness of 8 mm
- the word "Value" in a language of the destination country in Latin characters
- the name and address:
- - of the addressee (on the front, lower-right corner)
- - of the sender (on the front, upper-left corner or on the back)
- the stamps (on the front , upper-right corner)
- a barcode for identification (given by the Post Office)
- the amount of the value: - written in full - in EUROS
- On the top you must attach a white paper with:
- - the address of the sender and the addressee
- - the declaration of the value
How much does registered mail with customised insurance cost?
The price of your register mail with customised insurance depends on different factors (weight, size, stamping method, etc.). Calculate the price of your shipment with our price calculator.
How much does a confirmation of receipt cost?
You can calculate the price of a confirmation of receipt with our price calculator.
When can I pick up my parcel and how will I be informed?
Your parcel will be available at a Pick-up point as from 11:00 the next workday. As soon as your parcel is in a Pick-up point, the status of your shipment is adjusted on Track & Trace and in the My bpost app. If the sender gave us your email address and/or phone number, you will receive an email and/or text message from us as soon as your parcel is available. Tip: The Pick-up point on your failed delivery notice can change in some cases. Always check the status of your parcel with Track & Trace or the My bpost app before picking up your parcel.
What is the maximum insured value for registered mail with customised insurance?
The maximum insured value for Domestic registered mail with customised insurance is €7500. You can calculate the price of this extra option with our price calculator. For international registered mail, the maximum amount of the customised insurance and the way that the shipment is delivered to the addressee differ from country to country. Some countries, such as the United States, Germany, the United Kingdom, Australia and Canada, do not accept this kind of mail. Ask about it in your Post Office or contact our customer service.
Can I request a confirmation of receipt online?
You cannot request a confirmation of receipt online. You can only request it in a Post Office or Post Point.
Can I ask bpost for the recipient's confirmation of receipt?
After it is signed, bpost sends you the confirmation of receipt. Your confirmation of receipt is not available online. Contact bpost if you did not receive the confirmation of receipt.
Can someone other than the addressee sign a confirmation of receipt?
Only those with a mandate from the addressee can sign the confirmation of receipt.
Where can I request a confirmation of receipt?
You can request a confirmation of receipt in a Post Office or Post Point.
Who delivers my registered mail with customised insurance?
bpost delivers this mail in Belgium. Outside Belgium it is delivered by a local postal operator.
What can I send with registered mail with customised insurance?
You can send the following items in Belgium with registered mail with customised insurance:
- gold or silver objects
- jewellery or other valuable materials
- securities or bearer bonds
Where can I hand in my registered mail with customised insurance?
You can only hand in your registered mail with customised insurance at a Post Office. You can also go to a Post Office to make your shipment ready for mailing. That way you are sure that the strict rules related to this type of mail are applied.