My Mail in the My bpost app allows you to see your digital letterbox where and when you want to. You will see an image of the outside of most postal items that you will receive in your letterbox that day.
This functionality is in test phase and not yet available to everyone. (As a test user, you will receive an e-mail to invite you to use My Mail.)
You can change your address under 'My addresses' in the 'More' menu. When you do this, an activation code is sent to the new address. The other address is deactivated automatically. As a result, you will no longer see the mail that you receive at that other address.
Some app users can indeed see their mail in advance with My Mail. This functionality is still in the testing phase and is not available to everyone. As a test person you will receive an invitation to use My Mail.
Tip: Update the My bpost app regularly in order to enjoy all its functionalities.
You can follow all your parcels with the My bpost app. Also those from other postal services. bpost parcels linked to your email addresses in the My bpost app are added automatically. It is easy to add other parcels in the app:
- Click on ‘add a shipment’ on the app start screen
- Enter the parcel's barcode number or scan the barcode with the app.
- Select the postal service from the list. If your postal service is not in the list, send us a message via the app. We will add it to the current list.
- Enter the postcode of the delivery address.
Sometimes we only receive the barcode from the sender at a later moment in time. As a result, you cannot follow your parcel. In that case, try again later.
Double check that you entered the correct barcode and postcode. Be sure to select the correct postal service from the list. If you don't know the name of the postal service, select 'I don't know'. If you know the name of the postal service but it's not in our list, send us a message via the app. We will add it to the current list.
With the My bpost app, you can track, receive and send all your parcels with just one app.
- Follow all your parcels in an easy way, even parcels from other parcel delivery companies. Most bpost parcels are automatically added to the app, but you can add parcels from other delivery companies yourself by entering the barcode of your parcel.
- Decide for which parcels you would like to receive status notifications.
- Via your delivery Preferences you determine where your bpost parcel will be delivered, up to 5 minutes before delivery, if you are not home: with a preferred neighbour, in a safe place, or in a chosen Pick-up point or Parcel Locker.
- Quickly create a shipping label to send a parcel and just print the label at home, at a Post Office or at a Post Point near you.
Moreover, with My Mail you can see which items are on the way to your house. This functionality is still in the testing phase and is only available to a limited audience.
Download the app:
Make sure that you always use the latest version of the My bpost app. Update the My bpost app with the App Store or Google Play. If the My bpost still doesn't react, delete the app then reinstall it.
You can deactivate My Mail under 'My Mail' in the 'More' menu. If desired, you can reactivate My Mail in the same way. You do not need a new activation code.
My Mail shows you all your mail that is processed with our sorting machines. You can see all your postal items except:
- Some mail bearing no address (requested by the sender)
- Mail that is delivered by other postal services
- Mail that is sorted by hand by our employees (not with a machine)
- Mail that weighs more than 350 grams
- Mail that was sorted by the sender (e.g. some advertising folders)
Before you can use My Mail, you must confirm to bpost that you live at the address for which you are requesting My Mail. That's why we send an activation code to your address. This code must be entered into the app. That way your letterbox will be linked to your account. If you choose an address that is already validated by the “MyPreferences” service then you can use My Mail if you already entered the activation code.
Take into account that it takes about 4 workdays before your activation code appears in your letterbox. If you still have not received the activation code, you can request a new one. In that case, the old code will be deactivated.
My Mail shows you all your mail that is processed with our sorting machines at night. The route that your mail travels from the sorting and distribution centres to your letterbox can take a bit longer sometimes. In that case, you will receive the mail that you can already see in the app on the next postal delivery.
That is currently not possible in the My bpost app. You can only see mail that is being delivered by bpost with My Mail.
You can switch the My Mail notifications on and off under "Notifications and Settings" in the 'More' menu. You will no longer receive My Mail notifications on your smartphone. You will still receive your mail digitally in the My bpost app.
You can link My Mail to several addresses. You will receive an activation code per address. In the My bpost app, you can easily switch from one address to another with 'My addresses and services'.
You might possibly see someone else's mail in the following cases:
- If a sender accidentally sends mail to your address.
- If a sorting machine accidentally interprets a different address as your address.
Please report this with the 'Report' button under the relevant mail. If you repeatedly see the wrong mail, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Everyone who lives at the same address and has access to your letterbox can see your mail. Those who want to use My Mail must confirm their address first. We send an activation code to this address by mail. That way, only those who have access to your letterbox can see your mail with My Mail. It's not possible to only see mail that is addressed to one specific person who lives at your address.
We want to avoid that an employee can see all mail that is addressed to the company where he/she works but is intended for different addressees.