for the keyword « Set or edit »
How do I set my delivery preferences?
If you are not home at the time of delivery, we can deliver your parcel to your chosen location. For that to work, you need to set your delivery preferences.
Go to MyPreferences or download the My bpost app. Enter the details that you use when ordering a parcel. Select your favourite delivery location if you are not home
- a Pick-up point or Parcel Locker in your neighbourhood
- a safe place (e.g. carport, garden shed, under a lean-to, etc.)
- a neighbour
Until how long before delivery can I change my delivery preferences?
Depending on the delivery preference you set, the following applies:
- You can change a neighbour or safe place until 5 minutes before the delivery.
- You can change your Pick-up point or Parcel Locker until the evening (until midnight) before the delivery.
Can my parcel be delivered to my neighbour or a safe place?
If you are not home and you didn't set your delivery preferences, the postman may deliver your parcel to a safe place or a neighbour. If that doesn't work, your parcel goes to a Pick-up point in your neighbourhood. If you prefer to have your parcel delivered to the same place every time, please configure your personal My Delivery Preferences.
Can I record My Delivery Preferences for all my parcels or do I have to do this per individual parcel?
Both options are possible. If you are not home, your parcels are delivered in accordance with the general preferences that you set under My Delivery Preferences. But you can also set or change your delivery preferences per parcel. That's because bpost sends you a separate email for each parcel. The email enables you to set or change your delivery preference for that specific parcel. You can always choose whether your preferences apply to one parcel or all your parcels.
What are the different delivery options under MyPreferences?
If you are not home, you can set your delivery preferences to indicate where you want your parcel to be delivered:
- in a Pick-up point or Parcel Locker in your neighbourhood
- in a safe place (e.g. under a carport or lean-to)
- with a neighbour
Can I change the time of delivery?
The time of delivery of your parcel cannot be changed at present. You can choose a preference location for delivery of your parcel if you are not home. You can set this under My Delivery Preferences or with the My bpost app.
Do my delivery preferences apply for all occupants at my house number?
That is not the case by default. With MyPreferences you can add all co-occupants linked to your address. There are 2 ways to do this: Set your delivery preferences online
- sign in to MyPreferences
- go to My Account
- click on 'edit' under 'My registered addresses and names'
- enter the names of your co-occupants
- bpost will verify these details
- Open the My bpost app and select the 'More' menu and choose 'My addresses and services'.
- Select the address for which you want to add a name.
- Click on 'Add a name' under 'My registered names'
- Enter the names of your co-occupants
- bpost will verify these details
I don't want my parcel to be delivered to a certain neighbour. How can I set this preference?
Via MyPreferences and the My bpost app you determine where your parcel can and cannot be delivered if you are not home. You can choose from three delivery preferences : - to a Pick-up point or Parcel Locker in your neighbourhood - in a safe place (e.g. under a carport or lean-to) - to a neighbour You can choose which specific neighbour can accept your parcel if you are not home. If this neighbour also isn't home, your parcel will be delivered to a Pick-up point.
Why can't I list my work address as a delivery option under MyPreferences?
If the distance between your home and work address is too great, we cannot offer this option under MyPreferences. You can have your parcel delivered directly to your workplace. You do that by listing your work address (instead of your home address) in the webshop checkout.