There are several possible reasons.
1. Parcel ordered with a different email address
Perhaps the parcel was ordered with a different email address than the address listed in MyPreferences.
Tip: Enter all the email addresses that you use to order parcels via MyPreferences.
2. No email address received from the sender
It is also possible that the sender did not communicate your email address to us. In that case, we cannot link your delivery preference to the parcel. If we do not know your email address and you are not home at the time of delivery, your parcel will go to a Pick-up point in the neighbourhood.
Tip: Check your profile in MyPreferences
- A green “V” appears next to your address if your account is validated (10 days after creation).
- Check that your address is correct.
- Add the names that your use to order parcels.
3. The type of parcel prevented us from delivering according to your delivery preference
Delivery to your safe place or a neighbour is not possible if:
- Parcels must be paid upon delivery (e.g. a vehicle number plate).
Delivery to your safe place is not possible:
- If it is a parcel requiring a signature upon delivery.
Delivery to a Parcel Locker is not possible:
- If the parcel is too large or too heavy; in that case, it will be sent to a different Pick-up point.
Your parcel fits in your letterbox:
- In the event of direct delivery to a Pick-up point, the postman tries to deliver your parcel in your letterbox first.
Tip: Check Track & Trace to see if the delivery preferences for your parcel are applicable.
4. Your chosen delivery preference prevented us from delivering your parcel
- Your safe place did not meet the conditions (not safe, accessible and/or dry).
- The postman could not deliver your parcel to a neighbour because he was not at home or did not accept it.
- Your chosen Pick-up point or Parcel Locker was temporarily unavailable at the time of delivery (e.g.: Parcel Locker full, Post Point closed for holidays).
If you think there is a different reason, you can report this via our online form at the bottom of this page.
Ask whether someone else (a neighbour or co-occupant) found your parcel in your safe place. Small parcels can also be delivered in your letterbox. If you still cannot find your parcel, contact the sender for a solution. Only the sender can submit a complaint regarding an untraceable parcel.
If you chose a safe place under My Delivery Preferences and this was not respected, you can report this via the online form at the bottom of this page.
The postman only delivers your parcel directly to a Pick-Up Point if you set this under My Delivery Preferences. If you didn't set this preference, the postma will always pass by your home address first.
There can be several reasons why your parcel was not delivered to a neighbour:
- The postman could not deliver your parcel to a neighbour because he was not at home or did not accept it
- Your parcel is a shipment with payment upon delivery
- Your parcel is a registered mail
- Your chosen neighbour (under My Delivery Preferences) lives more than 50 m walking distance from your home.
- The parcel was ordered with an email address that (still) is not linked to your delivery preferences. That's why we were not able to apply your delivery preference. Take into account that the validation of a new account or new address via MyPreferences takes 10 days.
If you do not think that the above mentioned reasons are the cause, you can report this via the online form at the bottom of this page.