for the keyword « Prepare »
How do I prepare a confirmation of receipt?
Complete the following steps:
- Go to a Post Office or Post Point and ask for a mailing receipt and a confirmation of receipt.
- Complete both documents
- Tick the confirmation of receipt box on the label with the barcode and on the mailing receipt
- Attach the confirmation of receipt on the back of the shipment by folding one of the stick-on strips on the front of the shipment.
- Hand in your mail with confirmation of receipt and mailing receipt at a Post Office or Post Point.
How do I send domestic registered mail?
Complete the following steps to send Domestic registered mail. Go to the nearest Post Office or Post Point You can send registered mail in every Post Office or Post Point. Choose the type of registered mail Standard, with confirmation of receipt for absolute certainty, or with customised insurance for valuable mail. Prepare your registered mail An employee will help you with this. Be sure to keep the stamped mailing receipt afterwards. Follow your registered mail You can follow it on Track & Trace using the barcode on your mailing receipt.
How do I make my registered mail with customised insurance ready for mailing?
Specific rules apply depending on the value and packaging. Mail in an envelope Make sure that your envelope does not become damaged. Fasten the following items to the inside of the package:
- gold or silver objects
- jewellery or other valuable materials
- is packaged securely and is one single piece
- is completely closed (with strong tape or in a secure envelope)
- is correctly sealed, with a special uniform imprint or special uniform markings from you as the sender
- is handed in without a label
- be strong and made from wood, metal or plastic
- be sealed on all four sides
- if necessary, be tied up with rope whose ends are crossed and covered with a wax seal with an imprint or marking of the sender
- have walls with a minimum thickness of 8 mm
- the word "Value" in a language of the destination country in Latin characters
- the name and address:
- - of the addressee (on the front, lower-right corner)
- - of the sender (on the front, upper-left corner or on the back)
- the stamps (on the front , upper-right corner)
- a barcode for identification (given by the Post Office)
- the amount of the value: - written in full - in EUROS
- On the top you must attach a white paper with:
- - the address of the sender and the addressee
- - the declaration of the value
Which stamps do I need for my registered mail?
Registered mail requires a Priority stamp and a stamp for registered mail. It's easiest to have your item stamped immediately at the counter of the Post Office or Post Point. You can calculate the price in advance with the price calculator.
What should I bring to the Post Office or Post Point to get my registered mail ready for mailing?
You'll find all the required documents for registered mail in your Post Office or Post Point. You can also request these documents if you want to prepare future registered mail at home.
What is the maximum size and maximum weight for registered mail?
Can I request registered mail online?
It currently is not possible to request registered mail online. You can request registered mail in a Post Point or Post Office in your neighbourhood.
Where can I hand in my registered mail with customised insurance?
You can only hand in your registered mail with customised insurance at a Post Office. You can also go to a Post Office to make your shipment ready for mailing. That way you are sure that the strict rules related to this type of mail are applied.
Which items cannot be sent with registered mail?
You can discover which items cannot be sent with standard registered mail (e.g. weapons or illegal items) in our General Terms and Conditions. You can send money, securities and jewellery using registered mail with customised insurance. To General Terms and Conditions
How do I require multiple addressees to sign for receipt?
If you want multiple addressees to sign for receipt, write "and" between the recipients' names. If you don't care which addressee signs for receipt, write "or" between the recipients' names.
Is there a pre-stamped solution for registered mail?
You can purchase a kit for Domestic registered mail, which covers 10 registered items, via our eShop and in the Post Office. This kit includes:
- 10 Priority stamps for domestic mail
- 10 stamps for the registration fee
- 10 mailing receipts for domestic registered mail