Can I recover my import costs?
If your parcel is lost or damaged after you have paid the import costs, you cannot recover these costs. Always contact the sender. The sender can launch an investigation.
You will be compensated up to the amount of the customs formalities if:
- your shipment was sent with tracking (barcode that does not start with the letter “U”)
- the sender has opened an investigation
- the investigation makes it clear that the fault lies with bpost
- If you are buying outside the EU, choose a tracked shipment if possible. Your parcel is more likely to be found if it is lost.
- Choose registered webshops (Import One-Stop Shop or IOSS) that ask you to pay the VAT in advance. This will reduce costs and risks (import costs are not refunded in case of loss or damage) and shorten the delivery period.
If you didn't find an answer to your question?
Please contact us.
Monday - Friday :
08.00 – 12.30
13.00 – 18.00
09.00 – 13.00
Zonal rate. Waiting time varies.