Can I send money with Ria without an ID card?

For a money transfer with Ria Money Transfer, you always need a valid identity document to identify yourself as the sender. In Belgium, that is your ID card. Ria also accepts your Belgian ID card in all countries of the European Union, Norway, Switzerland and Iceland. Other documents are not required.

If you want to send money from other countries, you need a passport.

If your ID card is lost or stolen, you can send money with an official proof of loss issued by the police. Please note: in that case you must already be a Ria customer.

If you don't have a Belgian ID card, you can also send money with your passport, residence card or attestation of registration (provisional residence document).

If you didn't find an answer to your question?


Please contact us.


Contact the Customer Care Center of Ria Money Transfer directly.

Monday - Friday :
08:00 – 12:30
13:30 - 18:00

Saturday :
09:00 – 13:00