7 questions
 for the keyword « Allow someone else to accept »
How do I give a postal mandate to someone so they can accept my registered mail?
You can give a postal mandate to someone (18 and older) using the postal mandate form. To do this you must:
  • download, complete and sign the postal mandate form
  • give a copy of both sides of your ID card to the postal proxy
When the postman comes around, your postal proxy will be asked to show the following documents:
  • his/her own ID card
  • the completed mandate form
  • the copy of both sides of your ID card
I can only pick up my registered mail after the last date on the failed delivery notice. What should I do?
In this case, you have two possibilities:
  • Either you give a postal mandate form to someone (18 and older) to pick up the registered mail in your place
  • Or you have the Forwarding Department at bpost keep your mail until you return.
How can someone else pick my registered mail?
You must first give a postal mandate to someone (18 and older). (He or she becomes your proxy) You do this as follows:
  • Complete the back of the failed delivery notice and sign it.
  • Give it to your proxy together with a copy of both sides of your ID card.
Your proxy shows the following at the counter:
  • his own ID card
  • the completed and signed failed delivery notice
  • the copy of your ID card
Who can accept registered mail?
Only the addressee(s) or those with a postal mandate from the addressee(s) can accept registered mail. The item is only delivered after signing for receipt and checking the ID card of the addressee(s) or postal proxy. The sender determines who the item must be handed over to.  
Can someone else accept my registered mail?
Yes, but you must first give a postal mandate to someone (18 and older).
What do I need to pick up my registered mail?
To pick up your registered mail, you need following documents:
  • the notice of absence from the postman
  • your ID card
Can a minor receive registered mail?
A minor cannot sign for the receipt of registered mail. Only a parent (or someone with parental authority) can receive the registered mail on behalf of the minor. The recipient must be able to prove parental authority over the minor (e.g. via ID card, marriage certificate, court decision, etc.).