Returning a parcel
Returning your parcel
- Arrange your return online or in a Post Office or Post Point
- Always a Post Point with flexible opening hours close by
- Follow your parcel with Track & Trace or the My bpost app
Returning your online purchase in 4 steps
Make sure that there is a return label in your parcel. Some online shops send a return label via email.
You didn't receive a return label? Create a mailing label online, or ask for one in your nearest Post Office or Post Point. The price depends on the weight and size of your parcel and the destination.
Attach the mailing label on the top of your parcel. Then hand in your parcel at a Post Point in your neighbourhood.
Follow your shipment with Track & Trace or the My bpost app <link TBC> based on the barcode
Download the My bpost app
And manage all your parcels in one handy app
- Follow all your parcels, including those from other postal services
- Set your delivery preferences
- Choose whether you want to receive status reports for a parcel
Calculate the price of your return shipment
Or follow it in the My bpost app
Perhaps you still have one of these questions
If the status of your parcel does not change for several workdays, something probably went wrong. Please be aware that unforeseen circumstances may cause the delivery of your parcel to be delayed. Please contact our customer service using the online form at the bottom of this page in the following cases:
- If the status of your return shipment within Belgium has not changed for several consecutive workdays .
- If the status of your return shipment to a neighbouring country has not changed for at least 5 workdays.
- If the status of your return shipment to another country has not changed for at least 10 workdays.
The postman cannot take your return shipment. You can hand it in at a Post Office, Post Point or Parcel Point. The longest side of your parcel can be maximum 1.5 m long, and the total length (1 x length + 2 x width + 2 x height) can be maximum 3 m.
You can also leave it in a parcel locker. In that case, it can be maximum 42 x 31 x 58 cm.
If desired, we can also come and collect your return shipment. In that case, your parcel can weigh maximum 30 kg. The longest side can be maximum 1.5 m long, and the total length maximum 3 m. The price of a pick-up depends on where we must collect your parcel.
You can request a pick-up or "collect" online or by phone on the number 02 278 50 44.
If you request a pick-up online before 11:30 or by phone before 12:00, then the postman will pick up your parcel(s) the same day between 12:00 and 17:00. If you contact us later in the day, then the postman will pass by the next workday.
Attach a bpost shipping label on every parcel. That label is not included in the price of the pick-up.
In that case, the company or person who pays for the return shipment is entitled to compensation.
If you paid for the return shipment, then you can request compensation. By default, that compensation includes a refund of the shipping fees. If you choose the 'Guarantee and signature' option, then you are entitled to compensation for goods and for documents. This option does not exist for international returns.
If the original sender pays for the return shipment, then he/she is entitled to compensation. That is the case when:
- there is a return label in your parcel
- you refused the parcel
- the parcel could not be delivered to you
If you are considered the sender and thus entitled to compensation, you can submit a compensation request to our Customer Care Centre. It is best to do that via the online form at the bottom of this page.
If the original sender offers you the option to return your parcel, then you have two options:
- The return shipment is free.
- The return shipment is not free. Either you must pay part of the costs yourself in the Post Office or Post Point where you turn in your return shipment, or the original sender deducts a small return fee from the amount that he refunds.
If the original sender does not offer any return options, then you must send your parcel as a regular shipment. In that case, the price of your parcel depends on the weight, the size and the destination. Use our online shipping tool to calculate the price of your parcel.