Costs associated with your parcel?
From now on you can pay the postman with mobile banking
- Fast, easy and safe
- With your banking app or the Payconiq by Bancontact app
- It is still possible to pay cash
This is how it works in 4 steps
Upon receipt of your parcel, you must pay:
- If the sender specifically chooses the mailing option 'payment on delivery'.
- If your parcel comes from outside the EU and you have to pay import costs.
You can only pay import costs in advance via the My bpost app or Track & Trace. Read all about the new customs rules for purchases from outside the EU.
Upon delivery at the door, the postman offers you the possibility to pay:
- the precise mount in cash
- with mobile banking via your smartphone
When paying with mobile banking, the postman asks you to scan a QR code with your banking app or the Payconiq by Bancontact app.
Then enter your pin code.
Both you and the postman will receive confirmation of the payment.
The postman will hand over your parcel.
bpost never asks you to pay for your parcel while it is still in transit, except for parcels from outside the European Union for which import costs must be paid. Always check whether a payment is required via the My bpost app or Track & Trace.
Perhaps you still have one of these questions
A shipment that requires payment upon delivery can be paid for in two ways at a Pick-up point: cash and with debit or credit card.
The maximum amount depends on your bank's payment limits. If this limit is exceeded, you are notified immediately. In that case, there are two possibilities:
- You pay cash (the exact amount) to the postman and receive your parcel immediately
- Your parcel goes to the Post Office or Post Point in your neighbourhood, where you can pay for it the next workday with a debit or credit card.
You can pay the postman for your parcel with the Payconiq by Bancontact app or one of the following banking apps that offers the Payconiq by Bancontact functionality: KBC, BNP Parisbas Fortis, Belfius, ING, Argenta, AXA bank, ABK bank, Bank Van Breda, Beobank, CBC banque, CPH banque, Crelan, Deutsche Bank, Fintro, Hello Bank Keytrade, Nagelmackers, VDK spaarbank.
No, that is not possible at the moment. You can pay for your parcel as follows:
- with exact change
- with the Payconiq by Bancontact app or your banking app that offers the Payconiq by Bancontact functionality
- with your debit or credit card (only possible in a Post Office, Post Point or Parcel Point)
Parcels from outside the European Union with import costs can be paid in advance via the My bpost app as from 7 June 2021. You will receive a notification for these parcels in your app.