Costs associated with your parcel?
From now on you can pay the postman with mobile banking
- Fast, easy and safe
- With your banking app or the Payconiq by Bancontact app
- It is still possible to pay cash
This is how it works in 4 steps
Sometimes you have to pay upon receiving your parcel:
- If the sender explicitly requests this.
- If there are customs fees.
Upon delivery at the door, the postman offers you the possibility to pay:
- the precise mount in cash
- with mobile banking via your smartphone
When paying with mobile banking, the postman asks you to scan a QR code with your banking app or the Payconiq by Bancontact app.
Then enter your pin code.
Both you and the postman will receive confirmation of the payment.
The postman will hand over your parcel.
Note: only pay the postman or a Pick-up Point employee for your parcel.
bpost never asks you to pay for your parcel while it is in transit.
Perhaps you still have one of these questions
According to customs and VAT legislation, you pay a certain amount in taxes (customs fees, VAT and duties) for parcels originating from outside the EU. These fees differ depending on the type of imported goods.
Extra administration fees are also charged for the following customs formalities:
- 0 euro for commercial shipments with a value of maximum 22 euros and for private shipments with a value of maximum 45 euros. (Note: alcoholic products, perfume and tobacco products are not exempt of fees for customs formalities)
- 22 euros for customs formalities for non-exempt shipments with a value of up to 150 euros.
- 30 euros for customs formalities for non-exempt shipments with a value above 150 euros.
- 40 euros for phytosanitary checks of plants and plant products.
- 85 euros for a regularisation dossier
These fees must be paid to bpost in cash or with an app. If you don't want to pay the customs fees, your shipment will be returned or destroyed.
For home delivery, you can pay the customs fees to the postman with the Payconiq by Bancontact app or one of the following banking apps that offers the Payconiq by Bancontact functionality: KBC, BNP Parisbas Fortis, Belfius, ING, Argenta, AXA bank, ABK bank, Bank Van Breda, Beobank, CBC banque, CPH banque, Crelan, Deutsche Bank, Fintro, Hello Bank Keytrade, Nagelmackers, VDK spaarbank.
You can also pay the exact amount in cash to the postman.
In a Pick-Up Point, you can pay the customs fees in cash or with a debit or credit card.
A shipment that requires payment upon delivery can be paid for in two ways at a Pick-up point: cash and with debit or credit card.
There are different ways to pay for parcels delivered to your home that require payment upon delivery:
You can pay cash directly to the postman, but you must hand over the exact amount.
You can also make a mobile payment with your banking app or the Payconiq by Bancontact app. The postman creates a QR code that you scan with your banking app. Both you and the postman will receive confirmation of the payment.
The postman will bring your payment upon delivery parcel to a Post Office or Post Point if:
- You are not home.
- You cannot pay the exact amount in cash or mobile.
- You want to pay with a debit or credit card.
- The amount to be paid is more than 1000 euros.
The maximum amount depends on your bank's payment limits. If this limit is exceeded, you are notified immediately. In that case, there are two possibilities:
- You pay cash (the exact amount) to the postman and receive your parcel immediately
- Your parcel goes to the Post Office or Post Point in your neighbourhood, where you can pay for it the next workday with a debit or credit card.