When do I have to pay import duties (customs fees), how much and how do I pay them?
According to customs and VAT legislation, you pay a certain amount in taxes (customs fees, VAT and duties) for parcels originating from outside the EU. These fees differ depending on the type of imported goods.
Extra administration fees are also charged for the following customs formalities:
- 0 euro for commercial shipments with a value of maximum 22 euros and for private shipments with a value of maximum 45 euros. (Note: alcoholic products, perfume and tobacco products are not exempt of fees for customs formalities)
- 24 euros for customs formalities for non-exempt shipments with a value of up to 150 euros.
- 32 euros for customs formalities for non-exempt shipments with a value above 150 euros.
- 45 euros for phytosanitary checks of plants and plant products.
- 85 euros for a regularisation dossier
These fees must be paid to bpost in cash or with an app. If you don't want to pay the customs fees, your shipment will be returned or destroyed.
If you didn't find an answer to your question?
Please contact us.
Monday - Friday :
08.00 – 12.30
13.00 – 18.00
09.00 – 13.00
Zonal rate. Waiting time varies.